Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hiking trip

Today was the first day that both Robert and I had off together and we were able to spend some time with each. So he took me to Dragon's Tooth, a part of the Appalaichain Trial near his house. Hershey kept pushing my seat forward trying to get his head out the window, so I pulled him up front with me and had him sit on my lap. He actually got really comfortable and put his front paws on the dasah. then Bones got Jealous and tried to get Robert to let him on his lap. It is a 2.5 mile hike to the actual rock, we only made it half way then turned around cause I was getting tired and both of the dogs were getting tired. on our way back, down the trial, we stopped off at a little pool of water by the trail. Hershery, of course, got in and laid down. He actually was so tired he just opened his mouth and let the water run into it. Oh the pool was off a little creek.
Bones before he got into the pool.
Bones was actually tired and hot that he even laid down in the water, I tried to get the picture before he got up, but I missed it. They both really enjoyed the outting, the nice day away from the house.
We stopped off at a camping place for scouts and had some lunch. bones and Hershey would get excited everytime a group of people would walk by us. They were really cute. But in all we had a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes i do think the dogs are your kids and you spoil them. Glad you were able to get out. love you mom

Jessica said...

Why does that not suprise me that hersey was to lazy to drink the water. I do miss that dog