Friday, March 1, 2013

Pneumonia

When Brittannia had RSV last week and is still doing the treatments for it, I notice the Jasmine was getting really stuffed up and so when I took her to 1 week appointment I asked the doctor to check for RSV, all Jasmine had was a stuffed up nasal passage and the doctor told me to just do the nose sucker thing and saline solution. I started doing that on Friday the 22nd, by that Sunday I noticed that Jasmine was getting a very bad cough and was acting like she couldn't catch her breathe sometimes. It was mainly at night so on Monday when we had another snow storm and the doctor's office was closed I did not worry to much. But that night Jasmine started to run really hot, and by that morning she had not cool down and the cough and breathing were worse so I stopped by the doctor's to get an appointment. Thankfully we were able to get in that morning. When the nurse took Jasmine's temperature it was 1o1. So we were admitted to the hospital. 
She looks so sick, this is right after they gave her the IV
Getting ready to get the IV
They had to give her an IV so they could give her the antibiotic Rocephen.

 It about broke my heart and I started to cry when they gave her the IV and drew the blood for the blood work that was ordered.
 They even put her in a Croup Tent. Which is basically like living in a very humid place with High oxygen levels. that is what it did. Pump pure O2 and water vapor into this tent of plastic.

She would get so cold and clammy under there

She is doing a whole lot better
 By the next day Jasmine was breathing better and eating better. she was even awake a lot more.
i said smile for mommy and this is the face she gave
 By Thursday she was doing a whole lot better and we were able to go home. We now are doing breathing treatments at home for both girls and they are doing tons better. Brittannia hardly coughs and Jasmine is breathing better and the cough doesn't sound nearly as bad.

No comments: