Sunday, June 12, 2011

3 Days Old

It has been 3 days since Brittannia was born and it has been such a fun time. I just love being able to actually hold her and see her. On Saturday I went out to some yard sales and it was a lot fun, but I did do a bit too much and felt it for the rest of the day. Though I would say worth it because I were spent 20 dollars and were able to get a baby swing, high chair/booster seat, some baby toys, cute pair of shoes, and few other things for Brittannia. It was fun to get out and be moving. Robert stayed int he car while Grandma and I went out to the sales. In all it was a fun day and productive. Brittannia was really good to, she slept the entire time we were out. When we came home she ate and went back to sleep. It was great.
Headed out to church.
Nap time with dad. It was right after we got back from the yard sales, they both cuddled up with each other and fell asleep.
Had to get a cute picture of her face
Has a full tummy and sound asleep.

Today, we went out to church, but only for Sacrament meeting. I thought it would be good to go to church. We also had our 3 day check up with the midwives, and Brittannia is doing great. They are amazed that being for being a first time mom that I haven't called them or have very many questions for them. I guess I was just raised right, plus had wonderful training from my wonderful sister and sister-in-law. So thank you girls for helping me prepare for being a mom. And Thank you to all my mothers who are always there to help me so I don't need to call up the doctor.
BIG YAWN!!!
Eyes are open. Aren't a Cutie Pie?
Being a good girl and sleeping for daddy while mommy went to yard sales.

In all we have all been doing great and adjusting well. Robert is such a great help. We have like a tag team thing going on with her. I will feed her and Robert will change her diaper and burp her. It is great. I absolutely love the help he gives me. And he is such a great dad too. He loves to just look at her and watch her sleep, the same thing I love to do. Though I have found that I need her in the same room as me for me to be able to sleep. And I love to just hold her. I just can't get enough.

2 comments:

Shafers in Virginia said...

She is presh! Congrats again! And I couldn't sleep without Oliver in the room with me as well. Or without him sleeping in the bed with me actually. Because of talking with Dr. Rodriguez, I had already planned on co-sleeping with him, but when he came, I definitely wanted him right next to me. I couldn't sleep without him being within arms reach (especially so I could make sure he was still breathing and everything) I'm a biiig fan of co-sleeping, as long as it's done safely. If you're finding you want to sleep with her during the night, I have a great little bed thing you put on your bed so it double ensures you don't roll over on her (though unless you're drunk or something, you most likely won't.) Let me know if you're interested! She's adorable! I think she looks a lot like Robert!

Justin, Lindsay and Brynleigh said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! We are so happy for you two!