Friday, June 10, 2011

Brittannia Uzilla Moses

Well, where to start. Yesterday night around 1:40 in the morning I woke up with some really bad back cramps/contractions. I started to time them and they were coming about every 4 minutes apart and lasting anywhere for 30 seconds to 55 seconds. I finally woke Robert up about 2:30 and he finished the timing of the these contractions and by 3:15 I tied showering, to see if they would help, but we ended up calling the midwife. She told us that I was totally in labor and that she would be on her way over. At 3:30 we called family to let them know that Brittannia was on her way. The midwives showed up and I had a wonderful friend come over to help with relaxing and such. I did try to get some sleep, around 6:30 am I believe my water broke, and I decided to get into the water birthing tub. And at 8:03 in the morning Brittannia Uzilla Moses was born. She came out perfect if I do say so myself. about an hour later she was feeding and do great.
I am still amazed that I was able to give birth without pain medicine, but not at all surprised that I was able to. I can only thank those who raised me to listen to my body. It was so nice to be able to feel all the cues and do what felt right. I did end up floating in the tub and pushing when i felt like I had to. I all my labor lasted 7 and half hours and I did not tear at all. it was almost in a sense a painless process lol. (painless ya right) but it really was something that I will forget.
The Proud new papa.
I have such an amazing husband who was there supporting me in even sense of the word. He was such a champ in holding me when I needed him to and now he is helping me by changing her and holding her when I need a break.
Snuggling with daddy
Now she is doing wonderful. And is such a healthy girl. She is sleeping well and even latching on great to the breast. (my breast are sore but that is just from her sucking and all)
Nap time with mom

Daddy changing me

getting my physical exam
To finish off, Everyone is doing great and just enjoying every moment with our new bundle.
Grandma Moses and Me

Grandpa Moses and Me










1 comment:

Aaron & Jayme said...

Congrats girlie! Such a short labor, you are so lucky!! I love the picture of her sleeping with you.