
I can hardly believe that the time has come for my little girl to become potty trained. But Brittannia has been showing signs of interest in going potty on the toilet. So yesterday April 8th. We spent the whole day on becoming potty trained. I read a lady's bog post about potty training in one day, so I decided to give it a shot. It went really well, Brittannia didn't mind that fact that we pretty much spent the WHOLE day in the bathroom.
We started the day by playing with the baby doll that Grandma Sue gave her for Christmas that would go potty when you feed it. So we would feed the doll and have her go potty in the toilet. Brittannia had a lot of fun doing this. In fact she had to take the baby doll into the bathroom with her when she would go potty.She would actually get sidetracked from going potty herself because she wanted to feed and make the doll go potty. So after 6 tries I had to take the doll away so she would go herself. After that we did a few crafts. As you can tell by the jar below. I only had a hot glue gun so I would place the glue on the jar and Brittannia would pick out the bead, puff ball, heart or what have you and put it on the glue. this kept her entertained for about 15 minutes, which was good timing because by then it was time to try going potty again. (oh I forgot to mention, that this lady's post said that you needed to pump the child with food and drinks to make the go potty, and to set a timer for every 15 minutes or so) Anyways, Brittannia did really great and we went down for her nap.

 |
| potty training can be so tiring :) |
After Brittannia woke up we went straight to the bathroom, but she got bored and wanted to go play with the computer, so i went against my better judgement and let her off, while I turned to pick up some trash, like 2 minutes after we left the bathroom she had her first accident of the day. Thankfully it was only pee. After she tried to go potty on the toilet, I had her clean up the mess and we had a snack, ( her choice... a nutter butter)

 |
| I even let her drink my Pepsi cause it was one of the few things she would drink for me. |
So the rest of the afternoon consisted of us going back and forth between plying with my breast pump, baby bottles, eating, drinking, playing tag to the bathroom to go potty. We had a few more accidents but they were a result of me letting her go few minutes to long on playing or taking her off the potty to soon.

When I brought out the camera to get a few photos to document this great achievement she wanted to play with it and forgot all about going potty on the toilet. he last accident was while I was taking dinner (pizza) out of the oven. We had just got off the potty and she had peed so I figure we were safe, BUT I WAS SO WRONG!! that is when she did her evening poo. So into the the bath we went, I made her clean out her panties and everything while she was in the tub. Don't worry I did not plug the tub till AFTER all the poo was gone. Then we got out and ate dinner. At 7:00pm our normal bed time, I put her a thick cloth diaper/spit rag in her panties to line them for the night to help any night time accidents from getting all over the bed, and down we went for the night. Well Robert came home at 8:30 and woke her up, so i took her to the potty since she so normally goes potty right after waking up. And she did really great at going potty again.
 |
| Kinda nice/sad to see this cute bum in panties not a diaper.
|
This morning we kept up the "training' and as soon as she got up she went to the toilet and went pee. Since she did not have her morning yet, we had her going to the the bathroom, every 5 to 10 minutes so we could avoid any accidents. She got really bored and grumpy. But As on now she has only had the 4 accidents from yesterday. It is hard for me to admit that my baby girl is growing up. but I am actually excited about only having to change one person's diaper.
 |
| She is holding a nutter butter, nothing else ;) |
here is the link to the blog about Potty Training in one day. I modified it some to go with Brittannia and I. http://www.themoesfamilyintexas.blogspot.com/search/label/Potty%20Training
No comments:
Post a Comment