Friday, October 24, 2008

Mountain Crator/Mud Flat

Sorry it has taken me awhile to get these pictures up.

Last Sunday Robert and I went up to this place called Mountain Lake. Most of you may know it from the movie Dirty Danicng with Patrick Swazyne. ( I know I spelt his last name wrong.) Anyways, the lake has dried up so much that it there anymore. We went up to walk around and see what the bottom is like. It was pretty cool.
This is whats left of the lake. This is the river that is suppose to run under the lake that feeds it. But the amount coming into it isnt enough to counter act the amount going out.


Bones found a dead fish that some one stabbed with a stick. He was ready to eat it.
There were two boats that were sitting on the bottom of the lake. Seems like the sunk. and sat there for awhile. I had to get into one.
This one was liek preserved. It what still completely in tact. I didnt get into this one cause it was by alot of dead fish. AND IT STUNK!!!
What a lake bed looks like when the lake is all dried up.



A up close shot of the lake bed. The dogs had such a hard time walking on it. It lookd liek big valleys but it isnt that bad.

Another shot of the Lake bed.

Okay so we found were all the fish went when the lake was drying up. Those things that look like stones are the bodies of the fishes. It smelt so gross. I wanted to gag after this shot.


One very interesting tibit about the lake now is that when it had first dried up all the way they found the remain of a person. As the dug around to see who the body belonged to and how old it was, tehy found out is was the body of a 20 + year old man. At first they were thinking is might have been a little girl. And they were also treating it as a murder. It turned out to be from the 1920's. Crazy right. Anyways from the last report, it was a guy that was out partying on the lake with some friends and fell off the boat. The friends (guessing from some reports cause of how long ago it was) said it looked like a heart attack. They found with the body, a class ring, and a belt buckle that had his intials on it. plus some winged tip boots. That were made in new york, and some 1920's coins. So that has been the big mysterty around Mountian Lake now days.

I had to put in a picture of the dogs from the car. I got it look from out my window into the rearview mirror. They are so cute. They love these little outtings we go on. It has been fun.

No comments: