Well, I got to thinking about how the Lord blesses his children since it is General Conference this weekend. I even got to thinking about how the Lord blessed Robert and I with the revelation that we should start our family at the 2010 April Conference, it was this blessing that we listened to and 6 months later we received the greatest blessing that the Lord can give us. We were blessed with the gift of beautiful, wonderful angel Brittannia. It was exactly one year ago today that we found out we were going to become parents.

I still feel very inadequate to be a mother and have such a special spirit put into my care. Heavenly Father must really love and trust me to give me such a beautiful daughter and joy. Yesterday one of the speakers who was a part of the seventy spoke about the blessings children bring and I know that Robert and I truly feel blessed to have this scared duty of being parents and having the Lord trust to teach the spirits he sends us the gospel and the right. I wish I could remember exactly what he said because it hit home to me. But alas, my "mommy brain" has put a cloud over the words of the talk and has only let me remember the feelings I had while it was it being given.

I thought that it would be fun to put pictures of the this last year the relate to our beautiful Brittannia. The first is of course a picture of the pregnancy test that said I was pregnant, the nest is one of the first ultrasounds that we received of her. I believe it was here that we confirmed we were having a little girl.

The next one is the day that we were blessed to hold and see our greatest blessing. The day that Brittannia Uzilla was born. This is one of my favorite pictures of that day. It is the first time that I held my daughter and we became a family. The picture shows the true blessing and joy Robert and I felt that day.

Our lives have truly been blessed because we have our Brittannia here. She brings to us such great joy and happiness. And reminds me that there is such a thing like Heaven and Heavenly Father and true, pure Joy. Brittannia is perfect in every way, even when she is crying and refusing to go to sleep, she is bringing me closer to my Father, by teaching patience and love.

As I watch her grow and learn new things, I can not help but feel that Heavenly Father and Mother really are there watching me grow and learn new things and when I learn the right and choose the right I know they are happy and well pleased with me. Because I feel that way every time I here Brittannia "talk" and watch her learn where her feet are, and what she can and can not put in mouth. I know now that once you become a parent your life changes for the better. and I know that my parents are filled with great love for me simply because I am their daughter, and they know who sent me to them.
Thank you so much to my wonderful mother who was willing to teach me what a mom does and how to sacrifice and love, and for the wonderful example of patience, I just wish I learned it sooner. Thank you to my amazing father, who was willing to do what was necessary to provide a home and food for me. Thank you to both of my sweet, caring, loving parents for everything they did for my sisters and I. You were willing to put off your worldly dreams so that we could chase ours. Thank you for bringing me up with the gospel and giving me every opportunity to live. I can only say that I hope I can be as great as a parent as you were. I also want to thank you for always being my friend and comforter when I needed them. Thank you for always being willing to protect me. I love you both so very much and I can know realize and understand the love you do have for me. And I think that you may just possibly love me more :)
Sorry this is so long but I needed to bear my testimony about the power of families and love of a parent, because of my strong emotions towards this new, exciting, strange, and wonderful role I am blessed to have. Motherhood. :)
2 comments:
I saw that pregnancy test and thought you were pregnant again! Jessica
lol ya didn't think of that. but no I am not.
Post a Comment