It has been a full week since my Valentine baby was born. We have been adjusting for this new gift in our lives quite well I would say. But as I promised here is Jasmine's birth story.
Well this whole pregnancy had been quite different than Brittannia, but as i hit my 37 weeks I started to have Braxton-hicks Contractions and man they we some thing. I knew what they were so I never went to the hospital to get checked out. I would just walk and sometimes they would get stringer and most times they would stop. So for 3 weeks I contracted and nothing would happen. I was getting so tired of hurting and feeling so pregnant. when I went to my 40 week check up my doctor said that if she did not come sometime that week than he wold have me come in on the follow Monday for some monitoring. Well on Wednesday Night Feb 13th, at 12:30am (Okay so Thursday morning) I started the "real" contractions. I waited till 4:30 before calling Robert at work to come take me to the hospital. I wanted to make sure that I was in labor and that Jasmine was on her way. So he came and picked me up and we went to the hospital. After they got me checked in and settled in a room. We called Grandpa to come get Brittannia so she wasn't at the hospital ll night and day. When they check to see how far I was I was only at a 3, which was really depressing, so they let me get up and walk around the floor. I did this for 20 minutes and my contractions were coming faster and stronger with each lap. So I went to lay down some. and the contractions slowed down. So after resting a bit, Robert and I went walking again and as I walked the contractions came again stronger and faster. So after doing this pattern for 2 hours they checked me again and I was only at a 4. I was getting so frustrated. (oh I requested no IV so I was able to move around easily, the only thing I was hooked up to was the heart monitors) After walking again for another hour or so I asked to see if I could get into the shower to see if that would help with the contractions ans d all. So my nurse checked my again before saying yes because if I was at 6 or higher she did not want me to get into the shower in case my water broke. Well She checked me and I was at a 6 (by this time is was around 10 am), So i wasn't going to be able to take that shower. But then Dr. Knudsen ( my doctor) came in to check on me see how I was progressing and when he was told I wanted a shower but at a 6 he said "let her take a shower if she wants a,d walk around more". So yippee to a wonderful doctor I was able to take a wonderful warm shower. It help reduce some of the pain of my back labor. After laboring another 2 hours, my contractions were like a minute apart. my water still had not broken, and I was about to reach my pain threshold. I asked if we could break my water, the nurse check me and I was at a 7 and it was 1:30 pm, Since I was at a 7 they siad they could have the doctor come and break it if I really wanted him too. Since it seemed like it wasn't going break by itself like it did with Brittannia, i had them go get Dr. Knudsen, he came in and broke it at 1:40. From there my contractions were stronger than ever and my lower back was killing me, again back labor, at about 2:15/2:20 I was feeling that sensation of needing to push, I let the my nurse know and went to find Dr. Knudsen. We found out he was in the middle of C-Section and of course could not get away. So I had 2 nurses in the room with me, and they are all telling me wait and not push, well that was not happening, Jasmine was on her way. and at 2:38pm On February 14th, 2013 Jasmine Elise was born. She weighed 6lbs 12 oz and was 18 1/2 inches long.
| Jasmine Elise Moses |
So after laboring for 14 hours and only having to push like 5 times, I was finally able to hold my second blessing, another baby girl. All the nurses there we all amazed that I was doing this without any pain medication. Since we were at the hospital they kept us for 24hours and then we were able to go home.
| awake and ready to go home |
![]() |
| getting some sun to help avoid jaundice |
| all buckled up and ready to go home |
So here is our birth story.

No comments:
Post a Comment